|Due By (Pacific Time)||11/28/2016 11:00 am|
3 pages Research Paper
Step 1: Find and identify a sexuality-related claim/statement/idea in some form of popular mass media
Find sexuality-related information presented in a form of popular (i.e., non-academic, non-scientific) mass media. This can include magazines, newspapers, websites, blogs, TV shows, movies, novels and short stories, and even statements made by public figures (celebrities, politicians, etc.).
Step 2: Find scientific sources to investigate the claim
Consider what kinds of research could be utilized to evaluate the claim made in the media you’ve chosen (how could a research study prove or disprove the claim scientifically?).
Step 3: Write a paper discussing the scientific merits of the sexuality-related claim put forth in the media you’ve chosen.
at least 3 pages paper (the abstract and reference pages are not included in the 3 pages)
First briefly describe the media you’ve selected and the claim that is being made. Next, thoroughly describe the methodology of the research study in your journal article. Things to consider:
- What is the design of the study (experimental, observational, survey etc.)?
- Who were the participants in the study? How were they selected to participate?
- What variables were measured? How were they measured (e.g., observational measurements, self-report, etc.)?
- Was any special equipment/apparatus used?
Next, discuss the results of the study and your conclusions.
- What were the results of the study?
- Are there any limitations of the research methodology that detract from the conclusions you can draw from the results? (this includes, but is not limited to: the limitations inherent in specific research designs, small samples, non-representative samples, flaws in the research design, and relevant variables that were not included in the research).
- Finally, what are your conclusions about the validity of the claim you investigated? Is there truth to it? Was the truth misrepresented in any way?
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews