|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/27/2016 12:00 am
These are the readings and resources:
1. I have to open up a discussion about those readings and resources.
2. Critical Response Papers: You are required to write a critical response paper, 250-350 words. The purpose of the paper is to give you a chance to think and write about the readings. Focus your papers on a particular topic or theme covered within a one week period prior to the due date.
Directions: YOU PICK THE TOPIC TO WRITE ABOUT FROM THIS WEEK'S TEXT BOOK READINGS OR YOU CAN WRITE YOUR READING REFLECTION ON ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
1. Discuss the chapter 12 title "Chicano Comunities under Siege" from the Acuna text.
2. Interpret the impact of the anti-communist movement and the Cold War on Mexican Americans.
3. Explain the militarization of the U.S.-Mexican border.
4. Show how U.S. policies and attitudes towards Latin America affected Mexican Americans.
5. Analyze the meaning of the chapter 5 title in Ruiz "La Nueva Chicana: Women and the Movement."
6. Discuss the differences within the Chicana/o community on the roles of feminists and loyalists.
7. Discuss which chapter theme from the Garcia book most interested you and why.
3. (I will upload the reading) Primary source documents are dated from the time periods that we cover throughout the course. They are the basic resources used for writing history.
Your assignment is to review the preselected primary source document(s) and answer the question(s) that follow each. Your answers should be between 4-5 sentences per question. The goal of reviewing the document(s) is to give you a chance to better understand how primary source materials are used to craft historical narratives. Also, you will find that primary source documents can be interpreted differently, depending on your own perspective.
The Document for this week is entitled “El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán, 1969.” There is a link to the document in the Learning Module. After reading, please respond to the following questions:
1. FOR WHAT AUDIENCE WAS THE DOCUMENT WRITTEN?
2. DOCUMENT INFORMATION (There are many possible ways to answer A-D.)
A. List three things the author said that you think are important:
B. Why do you think this document was written?
C. What evidence in the document helps you know why it was written? Quote from the document.
D. List two things the document tells you about life at the time it was written: