|Due By (Pacific Time)||11/29/2016 10:00 pm|
AM 101 LACMA FIELD TRIP MS. ROBERTSON
We will meet the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on Saturday, Nov. 19 at 11:30 a.m. The address is:
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
5905 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Parking: The museum offers paid parking in their lot, the entrance on 6th Street. On the south side of 6th Street you will find metered parking which is cheaper. There are other paid lots on Wilshire just across from the museum.
We will meet in the breezeway behind Urban Light, the famous lamppost sculpture that faces Wilshire, at 11:00. I will be sitting at one of the tables in that area. I will have your tickets so be sure to be on time! It is fine to bring guests.
Assignment. Please respond to the following guidelines in a 2-3 page, double spaced, typed essay.
1. Introduction. Select one work of art for the focus of your paper. This can be a painting, sculpture or an architectural work you observe at LACMA from any time period and made with any materials. In your introduction, state the name of the artist, title of the work (in italics), media, date and dimensions of the work. Identify the focal point of the work or what drew you to the work.
2. Analysis. Discuss how the artist used any or all of these elements and principles of design in the work of art:
line shape color texture pattern
balance unity space form
Your descriptions of each should be very specific to the work, based on your observations.
In addition, discuss whether you would classify this work of art as representational, idealized, expressionistic, classical, surreal, nonobjective or abstract and WHY.
3. Conclusion / Reflection. How would you best describe the meaning of the work? Does the artist’s use of the elements and principles of design help convey the meaning? Why or why not?
4. Illustration page. The last page will include a color image of the work of art, centered on a separate, clean, white page with the artist, title, date and media underneath.
5. Writing Skills. Using MLA format, present your thoughts in clear, well-organized, correct, and specific prose.
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews