|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/05/2016 06:00 pm
Read the attached case study and critically examine the key issues and recommend a course of action. Do not summarize information from the case study. Rather, purely analyze the issues.
The Digital Marketing Framework includes guidance to use and apply customer journey mapping to identify the issue or opportunity that will ultimately help identify an insight to subsequently design a successful digital marketing strategy and plan. Your written recommendation for Bornstein should include a completed worksheet using the Digital Marketing Framework, as well as supporting customer journey map, insight POV, allocation recommendation, measurement recommendation (evaluation metrics), and any additional substantiation given in the case. Be sure to explain the purpose of any recommended digital and social tactics.
Review the below questions as they are the basis for the case write-up. However, do not simply answer the questions. Questions are just to get you to think about the major issues. Rather, in analyzing the case, adopt the perspective of a consultant who has been hired by the company to advise it on the problem at hand. Stitch together arguments in a smooth way in your write-up. Be sure to use data from the case to support your arguments.
Paper should be 5 pages in 11.5 point font. Suggested format for the paper is to begin with a short one paragraph executive summary that highlights the major issues in the case and clearly states recommendations. The remainder of the write-up should present in greater detail the analyses which supports your conclusions. Please attach exhibits to support the write-up where possible. Exhibits do not count toward the 5 page paper.
1. Assuming she receives the additional funding, how should Bornstein allocate her budget across the various digital categories? Given that the additional funding requested must be shifted from Sephora's other marketing spending, where would you propose to cut? Why
2. What do you make of Sephora's digital and social media efforts as of the fall of 2010? Was it wise in your opinion to create Beauty Talk as a separate social platform to Facebook?
3. As Sephora increasingly dabbles with digital marketing and social media, which competitors should the company be most worried about?
4. Map the customer journey of a "bricks" Sephora customer. What behaviors, emotions, and attitudes are most prominent in the key phases, and why? Is there an opportunity or issue that has the greatest importance? If the issue of opportunity could be solved, what financial metric(s) would likely be positively impacted? Using the Digital Marketing Framework, what compelling insight does the category landscape, brand context, and customer journey reveal for Sephora Direct? From this insight, what digital tactics should receive more support, and which of the Sephora tactics should receive less support? Why?
5. What metrics do you propose Sephora Direct use to measure the success of its digital efforts going forward?
6. What should be the strategic goal of Sephora's digital and social marketing programs? How can Bornstein satisfy the CEO's desire to "win" in the digital space?
Please do additional research on the Digital Marketing Framework as needed.