|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/08/2016 11:00 am
Research Requirement - Paper Assignment
This is the assignment for those who have chosen not to participate in the research participation portion of the class. In order to earn full research credit you must go to different scientific psychology journals, read several different articles, and write a review/summary report for each one. You may choose only from the list of journals below. Also, all articles that you review must be from the current or previous year. That is, for a paper turned in December 2016, all of the articles must be from journals published in the year 2016 or 2015. Any article from 2014 or before will not count. The papers you review can be on one topic or various topics. Each 1/2-page of writing is equivalent to one 30-minute research credit, but no more than 3 credits may be earned by reviewing any single article. In other words, your review of any single article should be limited to a maximum of 1.5 pages. To earn the full 11 research credits through this alternative writing assignment, you would need to review at least 4 different articles (3+3+3+2 = 11). Finally, the articles you review must be different from ones used for your written assignments, although reviewing articles on the same topic(s) that the assignments covered is fine.
· Your paper should be a minimum of 5 ½ pages in length if you are wanting to earn all 11 credits.
· Papers must be double-spaced with 12 point font and one inch margins.
· You must include APA format citations for each article you summarize. The articles you summarize must be from the current or previous year, come from a journal listed below, and be different from any article you used for a written assignment during the semester.
· You can earn up to 3 credits (1.5 pages of writing) for each article you review. To earn all 11 credits, you would need to review 4 different articles (3+3+3+2 = 11).
· Include all reviews in one file and submit them to the link on Blackboard.
· Papers are due by midnight on Stop Day. Early submissions are welcome/encouraged!
Journal Psychology and Social Psychology
Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin
Journal of Experimental Social Psychology
Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology
Journal of Abnormal Psychology
Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience
Trends in Cognitive Science
Journal of Experimental Psychology: General
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance
Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology
Journal of Applied Psychology
Brain and Cognition
Development and Psychopathology
Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology
Journal of Experimental Child Psychology