|Due By (Pacific Time)
||12/14/2016 08:30 am
(This is an "Ancient World on Films" class, with both history and film analysis portion.)
- This is a research paper comparing the original Clash of the Titans (1981) to its 2010 remake starring Sam Worthington. In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different? What is the significance of the similarities or differences? What is the aim of the director in their specific choices? How do they represent their time period, how do their time period affect elements in the movie? How are they different in terms of visuals? How do the special effects measure up, considering the year they were produced?, etc.
- Provide an in-depth analysis on both films.
- You MUST use multiple resources e.g. films and texts (including ancient sources).
- In all cases, be historically sensitive. You are not expected to know everything about ancient Greece and Rome, but you should do a little research to help guide your analysis. Similarly, always bear in mind the context of the film’s production (when and where it was produced, as we have seen, can help us understand certain aims of the filmmakers).
- 15 pages, double-spaced, Chicago Manual Style.