|Due By (Pacific Time)||12/18/2016 12:00 am|
Textbook Statistics for Nursing Research: A Workbook for Evidence-Based Practice
1. The number of nursing students enrolled in a particular nursing program between the years of 2010 and 2016, respectively, were 563, 593, 606, 520, 563, 610, and 577. Determine the mean (), median (MD), and mode of the number of the nursing students enrolled in this program. Show your calculations.
2. What is the mode for the variable inpatient complications in Table 2 of the Winkler et al. (2014) study? What percentage of the study participants had this complication?
3. Does the distribution of inpatient complications have a single mode, or is this distribution bimodal or multimodal? Provide a rationale for your answer.
4. As reported in Table 1, what are the three most common cardiovascular medical history events in this study, and why is it clinically important to know the frequency of these events?
5. What are the mean and median lengths of stay (LOS) for the study participants?
6. Are the mean and median for LOS similar or different? What might this indicate about the distribution of the sample? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Examine the study results and determine the mode for arrhythmias experienced by the participants. What was the second most common arrhythmia in this sample?
8. Was the most common arrhythmia in Question 7 related to LOS? Was this result statistically significant? Provide a rationale for your answer.
9. What study variables were independently predictive of the 50 premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) per hour in this study?
10. In Table 1, what race is the mode for this sample? Should these study findings be generalized to American Indians with ACS? Provide a rationale for your answer.
1. What were the name and type of measurement method used to measure Caring Practices in the Roch, Dubois, and Clarke (2014) study?
2. The data collected with the scale identified in Questions 1 were at what level of measurement? Provide a rationale for your answer.
3. What were the subscales included in the CNPISS used to measure RNs' perceptions of their Caring Practices? Do these subscales seem relevant? Document your answer.
4. Which subscale for Caring Practices had the lowest mean? What does this result indicate?
5. What were the dispersion results for the Relational Care subscale of the Caring Practices in Table 2? What do these results indicate?
6. Which subscale of Caring Practices has the lowest dispersion or variation of scores? Provide a rationale for your answer.
7. Which subscale of Caring Practices had the highest mean? What do these results indicate?
8. Compare the Overall rating for Organizational Climate with the Overall rating of Caring Practices. What do these results indicate?
9. The response rate for the survey in this study was 45%. Is this a study strength or limitation? Provide a rationale for your answer.
10. What conclusions did the researchers make regarding the caring practices of the nurses in this study? How might these results affect your practice?
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews