|Due By (Pacific Time)||01/08/2017 12:00 am|
3000 words maximum
Answer one of the following questions.
1. What do the activities of multinationals from mainland China in host developed and developing economies reveal about their competitive capabilities?
2. Do multinationals from Taiwan possess unique capabilities that make them particularly effective as competitors in international markets?
3. To what extent have Japanese automobile manufacturers been able to retain their competitive position as multinationals in international markets?
4. Analyze the view that Japanese banks and service companies, other than trading businesses, have failed to develop the capabilities to be leading multinationals?
5. To what extent have Korean electronics multinationals established competitive leadership in international markets?
6. Have Japanese trading companies demonstrated that they have retained the capabilities to compete as leading multinationals in international markets?
For each of these questions, you are encouraged to make cross-industry and cross-country comparisons amongst Asia Pacific multinationals, and to employ lessons from international business theory and research. Consider therefore a number of perspectives, including the aims of Japanese multinationals in relation to global strategies; the aims of Korean and Chinese multinationals and international business strategies; major differences between industries and types of business; the degree of global versus regional control, and changes in operational control over time; the competitive advantages or capabilities of multinationals compared to those of rivals; variations in management, organization, and operations between home country and host nations; the comparative abilities of Japanese, Korean and Chinese multinationals to compete in Europe, Asia and North America, and their ability to adapt to changes in policy and markets; and the policies of host governments and the relevance of the EU.
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews