|Due By (Pacific Time)
||01/20/2017 12:00 am
Please answer each question in an essay format in complete expanded details; and have a work cited and integrate your sources using APA or MLA format.
DUE DATE: MONDAY, JANUARY 23rd, Midnight
- How did structuralism, functionalism and psychodynamic theory contribute to the early beliefs of psychology?
- Name and discuss five major perspectives in psychology and explain the functions and methods of each?
- Define what are correlational studies and cause and effect studies. Why and when would you use them? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the two types of studies?
- Describe the four lobes of the brain and each lobe’s function concerning behavior.
- Describe the structure and function of the neuron. Discuss two major neurotransmitters found in the synapse and discuss the neurotransmitters behavioral function.
- Describe the process of classical conditioning. Provide an example of classical conditioning, explaining all the relevant stimuli and responses.
- Contrast the four schedules of reinforcement in operant conditioning, and give an example of each.
- Discuss the Milgram Experiment. Describe the methods and results of the study. What were the societal implications of the study?
- Discuss the Stanford Prison Experiment. Describe the methods and results of the study. What were the societal implications of the study?
- Discuss the bystander effect and diffusion of responsibility. Also include examples such as the Kitty Genovese murder.
Textbook: Psychology in Your Life. Second Edition. Grison, S., Heatherton, T.F., & Gazzaniga, M.S. (2015).
Chapter 1 Introduction to Psychology
Chapter 2 Biopsychology
Chapter 6 Learning
Chapter 7 Memory
Chapter 12 Social Psychology