|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/17/2017 12:00 am
Reminder: Initial Discussion Board posts due by Friday, responses due by Tuesday
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You will have to provide both GUI design and pseudocode for your primary Discussion Board response. The first step is to design a GUI to allow a user to enter sales representative data. For this task, you will design the GUI and develop pseudocode that will help you plan how the Swing application will respond to the user. You are not implementing your Java Swing application in Java at this time. You are planning which Java Swing components you will use for each value entered and each value displayed. You are encouraged to provide a sketch of your GUI to help explain your design.
You will also create pseudocode for each method that responds to user events. This means if you have a button(s) that should perform an action when it has been selected; you will develop the algorithm for the processing attached to this button using pseudocode.
GUI Design Requirements:
Explain which Swing components you will use for your GUI to meet the requirements, and give the reasons for each choice. You must also include at least one set of grouped radio buttons in your GUI.
Design a GUI that allows a user to enter the following:
- Sales representative ID
- Sales representative First Name
- Sales representative Last Name
- Total sold for each of three categories: office supplies, books, and paper
- Sales district (North, South, East, West).
- Preferred means of contact with potential buyers (phone, email, visit)
Include a QUIT button to exit the application and an ENTER button that causes the sales representative’s data to be entered. Each item of data entered should be stored in a variable when the ENTER button is keyed. This will prepare the application for the next iteration of development.
- Write your pseudocode to outline the actions that will occur when the QUIT button is selected.
- Write your pseudocode to outline the actions that will occur when the ENTER button is selected.
- This pseudocode will be used as the planning comments when it comes time to implement this Swing application. The pseudocode should be detailed and specific enough that for each line of pseudocode, approximately one Java statement can be used to code it. These design artifacts (GUI design and pseudocode) will be inserted into a design document to be reviewed by your classmates and submitted with the final application for the final task.
- Cover page
- GUI design
- Reference page
Please feel free to provide any references or experiences to support your proposed design.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply of at least 100 words about their primary task response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?