|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/15/2017 12:00 am
Should a counselor remain value-objective about controversial issues presented by a client (such as abortion, suicide, adultery, drug use, domestic violence, child abuse, etc.)? Some counselors might argue that they should not express their values or criticize their clients for these behaviors, while others would say that expressing moral judgment is appropriate.
Consider the information above and Chapter 3 of the textbook. Write a 1,000-1,250-word paper addressing the following:
- Analyze the ethical implications of a counselor expressing their values to a client.
- Identify actions a counselor might take when confronted with clients they find difficult to treat due to differences in values/beliefs regarding one or more of the following issues: abortion, suicide, adultery, drug use, domestic violence, child abuse
- Some of the legislation and government policies related to clinical mental health counseling
- Identify factors that might lead a counselor to consider referring a client to another counselor.
- Â Describe steps a counselor should take if referral is not an option.
- Be sure to use the ACA and NAADAC codes of ethics as guidelines when constructing your paper.
- Include three additional scholarly resources