|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/30/2017 12:00 am
Assignment: This assignment has two components
- Reflection Paper: answer all parts of the prompt below in a 2-3 page paper (no fewer than 600 words). Engage critically with the prompt, clearly articulating your experiences and plans. Back them up with concrete examples. (17 points)
- Visual Representation: You must include a "civic logo". Create a graphic that represents or summarizes your paper. For example, if you have an interest in gender, politics, and education, you might include create a logo that contains the American flag, symbol for "female," and a diploma. The idea is to be able to tell your story in a succinct image- defining your brand (3 points of your grade)
You can draw on in-class activities, direct service experience, pre-Drexel experiences and your personal values to inform your paper. You are welcome to use academic sources.
Due Date: Tuesday, December 12 at 11:59pm
Submission: upload document through BBLearn, under the “Assignments” tab.
You must include:
Foundation and past experience
- Identify the individuals and past experience that have most informed your values.
- How have these people and experiences influenced how you participate in your community?
Time at Drexel
- Through this course, you were exposed to many different examples of what civic engagement can look like. Keeping these examples in mind, what will civic engagement look like for you during your time here at Drexel?
- During your time at Drexel, how will you contribute to university’s goal “to become to the most civically engaged university...”?
Professional and personal goals, mapping out your future
- What social issue/s do you want to be involved in after your time at Drexel? What sort of impact do you hope to have? Will your impact be local, regional, national or international?
- What is the public purpose of your future profession? How might someone in your future profession be engaged in public problem-solving to improve the community s/he is a part of?